From: People of Color Organize
The Denver Anarchist Black Cross would like to formally invite you to a conference for North American Anarchist Black Cross chapters from August 12-14, 2011 in Denver. This is an invitation to attend this conference. Also seeking proposals for workshops, skill shares, or other activities that chapters would like to see at the conference.
The Conference is open to all ABC chapters active in North America, regardless of greater organizational affiliation.
The intention of this conference is not to create any new broader organization, but instead to have North American ABC chapters share our experiences and skills. We hope to build and strengthen social and political networks with each other to grow and strengthen the movement defense capabilities for those of us struggling in North America.
In order to create a cohesive and productive conference atmosphere, we are only inviting those actively engaged in ABC Chapters or interested in starting an ABC Chapter. The following principles of unity will work as a guiding document for who should or should not attend this conference:
1. We are anarchists. We believe in an anti-capitalist, anti-authoritarian movement to replace all predatory social, economic, and political systems with a society based upon voluntary cooperation, mutual aid, and self determination for all peoples.
2. We believe in active revolutionary struggle against the state, capitalism, and social oppression. We support actions that target those that perpetuate oppression. We believe in broad based social movements that are capable of confronting those that benefit from exploitation.
3. We are engaged in supporting members of liberation movements who have been captured by the state. We support the right of all peoples to fight against oppression and for self determination. We actively work to support those that have been captured while struggling for liberation, whether or not their politics exactly align with ours or not.
4. We wish to contribute to the greater defense of social movements. We are engaged in political prisoner or prisoner of war support, but understand this is but one facet of movement defense.
5. We will not allow infighting to further cripple our work. We will not allow past feuds, infighting, or divisions to stop us from moving forward as a movement, and figuring out ways to support each other and our joint struggles. We will not allow power struggles, internalized sexism, racism and classism to dominate and threaten our organizations and our struggles.
Registration Information – Deadline is June 1st.